CBT (Compulsory Basic Training)
is the first stage of learning to ride motorcycles. Upon successful completion of your CBT training, your instructor will then issue you with a DL196 form (CBT certificate). This CBT certificate is then valid for 2 years from the date of issue, and entitles you to ride any motorbike or scooter/moped (manual or automatic) up to 125cc (50cc for 16 year olds) providing you are displaying red ‘L' Plates. CBT
does not entitle you to carry pillion passengers or to use motorways. For car driver's who passed their test before 1st February 2001, no CBT is required to ride a moped up to 50cc, although we do highly recommend you attend a CBT course in any event too ensure that you have received appropriate training before attempting to ride on the road yourself.
Once you have successfully completed your CBT training, your next step to obtaining your full motorbike licence is to pass your motorcycle theory test, and then decide whether you would like to sit the Direct Access Scheme (DAS) or the A2 Restricted Licence.
Our CBT training centre is based in Ilford, East London, but is also local to other surrounding areas such as Romford, Barking, Dagenham, Hainault, Barkingside, Loughton and all other area's of Essex. Our CBT training site is also easily accessible from Central London & other East London areas such as CBT Wanstead, CBT training in Walthamstow and CBT Leyton. We are proud to be able to offer one of the cheapest CBT's in London for only £99-00, which includes equipment and bike hire with no hidden charges.
Do not worry if you’ve never ridden a motorbike before! Your instructor will be in constant communication with you at all times. The purpose of this course is to teach beginners, so just relax and remember, this is ‘basic training’, and the first stage of learning to ride.
Although there is no theory required for you to sit your CBT, a basic knowledge of the highway code and UK traffic procedure is required, and your instructor will be asking you questions relating to the highway code as part of your CBT test / assessment. You will also be required to have an element of balance, which is usually obtained by having the ability to be able to ride a bicycle.
Please note, before you wish to attend your CBT training, there is some important information we need to know and some important documentation you will need to show us.
Learn more about what you need to do
Learn more about the CBT at the DSA website
CBT Price List
||March Promo Price
|1st Wednesday Of Every Month
|Weekday CBT Using Your Own Bike
|Weekday CBT Using Our School Bike
|Weekend CBT Using Your Own Bike
|Weekend CBT Using Our School Bike
n.b. Weekend Rates appply for any Bank Holidays.
Now it's even easier than ever to book your CBT with our online CBT booking system. You can view our availibility, book your CBT online, and then make a secure online payment for your CBT course.
1 Stop Instruction are once again leading the way, being the only motorcycle training school in London to offer such a fantastic online booking facility, giving you the flexibility to book your CBT online at your own leisure. That's just one of the reason's why we are "London's choice for scooter & motorcycle training."
Booking Your CBT Course
At 1 Stop Instruction, we are extremely proud of our streamline booking system. We offer you 3 fanatstic ways of booking your CBT with us.
1. Using our Online booking system. Here you can check whcih dates we have available, and then proceed to make your entire booking online.
2. By telephone. Feel free to contact us on our free phone number 0800 848 8418 or standard landline 020 8597 7333
3. In person. Please feel free to come to our offices to make payment in person. (We would ask that if you wish to come into our offices to make your booking, that you please contact us beforehand to ensure that a member of staff will be present to greet you).
Once you contact us, we advise you of our available dates for your course over the phone. We then make a note of your contact details and take payment for the course via debit or credit card.
Whilst the payment is processing, we confirm the time and date of your course and advise you about what you will need to know and bring with you on the day.
Finally, we instantly send you out an email which confirms everything discussed on the phone, and also acts as your proof of payment.
As far as we are aware, we are currently the only motorcycle training school to offer this email service to our pupils, which offers peace of mind and clarity about your booking with 1 Stop Instruction.
For those pupils who wish to pay for their course using cash, we ask you to contact us to arrange a suitable time to visit our offices, where you can make payment for your course, and a confirmation of payment will be given to you.
What we need from you:
Your full name
Contact details (Mobile number, landline number & email address)
Both parts of your driving licence (Photo card & paper counterpart).
Notification of whether you will be using your own bike, or wish to use a school bike. (If a school bike is required, is it to be manual or automatic?)
A form of payment. Payment must be in cleared funds before the date of your course.
The date you would like to do your training course.
As soon as you have confirmed your booking with us, we will send you out an automated email, confirming the details of the course you have booked. We will also send you out an invitation for you to register with our website, so that you can view details of your booking online, and make any future bookings yourself and at your own convenience.
What you need to know:
In order to pass your CBT assessment, you must comply with the following:
YOU MUST (Legally & in the interests of Health & Safety):
* Arrive on time for the beginning of your course at the venue and arrival time stated above.
* Bring both parts of your original UK provisional / full driving licence (photo card AND paper counterpart). Please ensure that the driving licence number on the photocard and paper counterpart matches completely, including the issue number, and if their are any discrepancies, please contact our offices before attending your course. If your photocard licence has expired, then please bring an original, current and valid UK passport as well as both parts of your UK provisional / driving licence. If you have the old style paper driving licence, an original, current and valid UK passport is also required. If you have an EU licence, then you will also need to bring with you an original and valid UK driving licence counterpart.
* Be able to read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 meters (the use of glasses is allowed)
* If you wear glasses, bring them with you on the day of your training.
* Have read the Highway Code, and demonstrate a good knowledge of this and all other UK road traffic procedures at all times.
* Be free from the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Our Instructors decision in this regard is final.
* Wear appropriate clothing (no shorts or sandals, and you must have a long sleeve top / jacket & full length trousers). Please take weather conditions into consideration when choosing your clothing.
* If using your own scooter / bike for training, it must be of a road worthy condition, to our instructors satisfaction. Please also bring with you your current CBT certificate, a valid certificate of insurance, MOT (if applicable), and also ensure the vehicle is displaying a valid tax disc and two legally sized ‘L’ Plates.
* Be able to understand and reciprocally communicate with our instructors at all times. English translators are strictly prohibited in the interests of health & safety.
* Be able to demonstrate balance and control of the motorbike/scooter at all times.
* Bring a copy of this confirmation.
* Agree to name, sign & date our liability disclaimer at the beginning of your training course.
* Read our terms and conditions. By remitting payment to 1 Stop Instruction, it is deemed that you have read, understood and agree to our terms and conditions.
If you fail to arrive before the start time of your course, or satisfy any of the above requirements, you will not be allowed to participate in the course, and no refunds will be given.