CBT North London including Training, Bike Hire, Helmet & Gloves
Our North London CBT training centre is based in Tottenham, but is also local to other surrounding areas such as Enfield, Edmonton, Islington, Highbury, Barnet, Camden, Wood Green, Finchley, Southgate and all other area's of North London. Our CBT test site is also easily accessible from Central London & other North London areas such as Kings Cross, Dalston, Hackney, Hornsey and Finsbury Park. We are proud to be able to offer one of the cheapest CBT in North London for only £99-00, which includes equipment and bike hire with no hidden charges.
Compulsory Basic Training is the first course you need to attend when learning to ride a scooter or motorbike. To attend a CBT course, you will need to be able to demonstrate balance (the ability to ride a bicycle is a good way to practice this), and also demonstrate a basic knowledge of the highway code
Upon successful completion of your CBT training, your instructor will then issue you with a DL196 form (CBT certificate). This CBT certificate is then valid for 2 years from the date of issue, and entitles you to ride any motorbike or scooter/moped (manual or automatic) up to 125cc (50cc for 16 year olds) providing you are displaying red ‘L’ Plates.
It is worth noting that successfully completing a CBT course does not earn you a motorcycle licence. In esseence, CBT is a training course which you must attend in order to enforce your provisional right to ride motorcycles as a learner. Therefore CBT North London has some general restrictions attached to it:
- You cannot ride any scooter / motorcyle over 125cc (50cc for 16 year olds)
- It is mandatory for you to display 2 legally sized 'L' plates at all times whilst riding
- You are not permitted to carry pillion passengers
- You cannot use motorways
Whilst CBT does come attached with the above restrictions, not all of these restrictions may apply to everyone, and we would reccomend individuals check with the DVLA to see which of the above restrictions apply.
Once you have successfully completed your CBT training course, your next step to obtaining your full motorbike licence is to pass your motorcycle theory test, and then decide whether you would like to sit the Direct Access Scheme (DAS)or the A2 Restricted Licence.
Do not worry if you've never ridden a motorbike before! Your instructor will be in constant communication with you at all times. The purpose of this course is to teach beginners, so just relax and remember, this is ‘basic training’, and the first stage of learning to ride. However, as much as our instructors will do their best to help you achieve your best, you will need to have the ability to have basic balance and co-ordination.
CBT Test North London
Many people refer to CBT training as a CBT test. This is incorrect, as the "CBT test" is not actually a "test", but a continual assessment of your ability to ride a scooter or motorcycle as a provisional learner. As the CBT is an assessment, there is no such thing as a guaranteeed CBT pass, as not everyone is able to attain the standards to meet the assessment standards set out by the DVSA (Driver Vehicle Standards Agency).
The 5 basic elements of CBT are as follows:
- A. Introduction
- B. Practical on-site training
- C. Practical on-site riding
- D. Practical on-road training
- E. Practical on-road riding
Further information about each section of the CBT syllabus can be found on the DVSA website
Although there is no official theory test is required for you to attend CBT, a basic knowledge of the highway code and UK traffic procedure is required, and your instructor will be asking you questions relating to the highway code as part of your CBT test / assessment. You will also be required to have an element of balance, which is usually (but not always) obtained by having the ability to be able to ride a bicycle.
Our motorbike training in North London, is ideal for people who would like to learn how to ride a scooter or motorcycle. Learning to ride a motorcycle has many benefits, such as time saving(no more traffic jams), & money saving (cheaper petrol / running costs & parking which is mostly free). Motorbikes & scooters are also exempt from the congestion charge. So as you can see, there are lots of advantages of why you should pass your CBT, and just to give you one more reason... We run our fantastic cheap CBT training in North London 7 days a week, and if that's not enough, our North London CBT training is probably the cheapest CBT training in North London! And the fantastic transport links to our North London CBT training site means we can offer motorbike training to service all areas including CBT Tottenham, CBT Islington, CBT Hackney, CBT Finchley, and CBT Kings Cross.
Should you require more information regarding CBT, please
CBT Price List
|1st Wednesday Of Every Month||£99||£99|
|Weekday CBT Using Your Own Bike||£99||£99|
|Weekday CBT Using Your Our School Bike||£99||£99|
|Weekend CBT Using Your Own Bike||£99||£99|
|Weekend CBT Using Your Our School Bike||£99||£99|
n.b Weekend Rates apply for any Bank Holidays
Now it's even easier than ever to book your CBT with our online CBT booking system. You can view our availability, book your CBT online, and then make a secure online payment for your CBT course.
How do I book my CBT?
There are 3 ways that you can book yourself onto a CBT course:
- You can book online.
- You can book over the phone by calling 020 8597 7333 or 0800 848 8418
- You can come into our offices to pay cash. (If you would ike to take this option, please contact our office on 020 8597 7333 or 0800 848 8418 before making your journey, so that we can ensure someone will be present to greet you).
Please note, to book your CBT course you will first need to satisfy some basic requirements. Legally & in the interests of Health & Safety, you must:
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start time of their course. Anyone arriving after the start time of the course will not be allowed to participate in the course, with no refunds being issued.
- Have a current and up to date full or provisional driving licence which is valid with the correct entitlements, and no bans, restrictions or disqualifications which will legally prevent you from attending your course.
- Arrive on time for the beginning of your course at the location and arrival time stated above.
- Bring your original UK Provisional or full UK/EU photocard driving licence. If your photocard licence has expired, then please bring an original, current and valid UK passport as well as your original expired photocard driving licence. If you have the old style paper driving licence, an original, current and valid UK passport is also required. If you have an EU licence, then you will need to bring your original & valid EU photocard driving licence with supporting D91 Form.
- Have read the Highway Code, and demonstrate a good knowledge of this and all other UK road traffic procedures at all times.
- Wear appropriate clothing that covers all areas of exposed skin (no shorts or sandals, and you must have, as a minimum, a long sleeve top / jacket, full length trousers & sturdy footwear - trainers as a minimum). Please take weather conditions into consideration when choosing your clothing, especially for cold & wet forecasts.
- Be able to understand and reciprocally communicate with our instructors to a conversational level at all times. English translators are strictly prohibited in the interests of health & safety.
- Be able to demonstrate balance and control of the motorbike/scooter at all times.
- Be able to read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 meters (the use of glasses is allowed). If you wear glasses, whether it's for reading or otherwise, bring them with you on the day of your training.
- Be free from the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Our Instructors decision in this regard is final.
- If using your own scooter / bike for training, it must be of a road worthy condition, to our instructors satisfaction. You must please also bring with you your current CBT certificate, a valid certificate of insurance, MOT (if applicable), and also ensure the vehicle is taxed and displaying two legally sized ‘L’ Plates. If you are unable to meet this criteria, then please do not choose to do the course on your own vehicle, instead, please select to use one of our training school bikes.
- Bring a copy of your booking confirmation (either a print out or electronic copy).
- Agree to name, sign & date our liability disclaimer at the beginning of your training course.
- Read our terms and conditions. By remitting payment to 1 Stop Instruction, it is deemed that you have read, understood and agreed to our terms and conditions.
Booking a Course if you have an EU Licence
If you have an EU licence, you must obtain a D91 Form from the DVLA.
To get the D91 Form, you will need to complete a D9 Application Form. Once you complete the D9 Application, the DVLA will then send you a D91 Form in the post, and allocate you UK driving licence number.
Once you have the D91 Form and a UK driving licence number, you can then book onto a course with us as well as being able to book any other driving courses/tests/assessments in the UK.
Please note, you will need to bring the D91 Form form with you to your course, so please make sure you do pyhsically have this in your possession before making your booking.
Professional training services offered for all types of licence requirements, including advanced training, and assessments for compliance and auditing purposes